So my kickass Bandmate in killer heels reminded me to (DUH) be grateful, sucka. Why am I always going and forgetting that shit? I probably need a sponsor to put a boot in my ass on the regular once again. A well placed boot makes for a great memory aid.
Things I’m grateful for besides the gimme hollas – husband, kid, health, friends, family, music, sunshine:
- Cake Bob-ombs. Otherwise known as cake balls. Which I made for the first time on the 4th. Also, I love Scott Pilgrim vs. The World because it brings the world of comic books to life. Combine random facts and we have Cake Bob-ombs! Exploding with flavor and humor in a mouth near you.
- Writing for the Argus. Yes, I write for free. Because it’s fucking fun, y’all. I like coming up with something new, sweating a deadline and working with an editor who’s both a gentleman and a scholar. And who writes like smooth jazz. Now that I’m not suffering from an imminent move to Texas(huh, wha?) I can continue to explore this newest and most enjoyable avenue. Here’s mah latest.
- Deals on premium teevee. Because summer is a barren wasteland of reruns and reality tv, the warm glowing, warming glow of Showtime and HBO provide a welcome oasis with shows like Episodes(The hubberband is now hooked. It’s Cousin Ira that did it. Also? Joey is hot. Who knew?), True Blood(Somebody tell me why I can’t stop watching this truly abhorrent show.), The Newsroom, Web Therapy and Weeds. Thank the sweet lady internet for six months free.
- Moosh in Indy. Come on, have you read her? Or seen her? She emits her own warm glowing warming glow. Of pure awesome. Baby, she’s a firework. AND a rainbow. She makes me happy and smiley and feel-good-y about the world. And her kids are freakballs adorasauce(read: super cute).
- The person that buys me these. Which will likely be me. Which I can live with as long as I’m living in these kicks.
So, what YOU got?